Administrative Applications


1. Zoning Letter Application

Zoning letter application

For assistance on zoning letters, please contact the Land Use and Development Services Department at 901-636-6619 or contact Lucas Skinner.

2. Administrative Deviations

Some standards of the UDC may be waived by the Zoning Administrator if certain conditions exist on a particular piece of property. 

See this document for a complete list of standards eligible for administrative deviations.

Application for Administrative Deviation 

Beginning September 5, 2014, all administrative deviations filed with  Land Use and Development Services will be placed on this page and be numbered chronologically. Land Use and Development Services has made its best effort to place all administrative deviations filed prior to September 5, 2014, on this page, as well. 


3. Final Plat Recording and Re-Recording

Final Plat Application

Minor Mod and Re-Recording Application


4. Direct Appeals to the Planning Director

If you would like to appeal any decision made by a member of Land Use and Development Services, but feel that it may not qualify for a variance or administration deviation above, you can email the Planning Director directly. Please include the finding of the staff member being appealed and attach the subject of the appeal, such as the site plan.


5. Special Purpose and Overlay District Review

Administrative Site Plan Review

This application applies to properties within the special purpose and overlay districts. View a map of those districts.

Note: Administrative site plan review outside of the special purpose and overlay districts is processed by the Construction Enforcement Office (CEO).


6. Alternative Parking Plan

Application for an Alternative Parking Plan


7. Tree Permit

Notice of Intent - Application for Tree Removal


8. Building and Sign Permits

Building permits are issued by the Construction Enforcement Office (CEO). All permits issued by the CEO may be retrieved on this website.

The Signs and Zoning Enforcement department is located in the City Hall/Downtown location. For more information on Sign permits, contact Amanda Finney at (901) 636-7345. 


9. Minor Modifications to Approved Planned Developments and Special Use Permits

          Planned Development - Minor Modification 
          Special Use Permit - Minor Modification

          Return to the Land Use and Development Services homepage.


10. Landscaping Installation Certification Form

          Landscaping Installation Certification Form


11. Other Documents

          Owner Affidavit


Land Use and Development Services Staff

Go to the related links and information section of the Land Use and Development Services homepage for contact information for staff.